About the Festival
The Jack Frost Children’s Winterfest is the largest winter festival east of Quebec City. See snow and ice come alive through the amazing artistry of Canada’s Olympic Snow Sculpting Team. There is something for the entire family; children’s popular TV characters and programming, indoor and outdoor family winter activities, and live entertainment. This year’s theme is Jack Frost’s Great Canadian Adventure celebrating Canada’s 150th birthday!
What do We Need Help With?
We have several different volunteer shifts available! Below is a brief description of each shift.
- Check for tickets
- Ensure safety of guests
- Act as a Festival Ambassador and answer any questions guests may have
The Coastal Run:
This is one of our largest slides at the Outdoor Snow Kingdom, and we will be looking for volunteers to assist with:
- Monitor children on the run
- Abide by safety rules of the run
- Monitor line and flow of traffic on slides
- Return tubes to the kids waiting to go up the hill
Horse & Sleigh:
- Communicate schedule and breaks with guests
- Monitor line
- Monitor children on slides ensuring safety is met
Character Meet & Greet:
- Monitor lines
- Take photos for parents with kids & characters
- Assist characters and special guests (i.e. Splash & Boots, Paw Patrol, Trolls and various mascots)
We have a ton of amazing characters coming to Jack Frost this year! Mascot costumes are often difficult to see out of, so they may require some help!
- Assist mascots with getting around festival
What’s Included in the Volunteer Package?
Your volunteer package includes:
- 2017 Jack Frost commemorative winter toque
- Complimentary meal voucher for Tim Horton’s (soup/sandwich combo + your choice of drink) – one (1) per shift
- Complimentary weekend pass to Jack Frost Children’s Winterfest (valued at $32.50) – one (1) per shift
- Free parking
Every Great Event Needs Great Volunteers!
Your help would be so greatly appreciated!