About the Festival
The Jack Frost Winterfest is the largest winter festival east of Quebec City. See snow and ice come alive through the amazing artistry of Canada’s Olympic Snow Sculpting Team. There is something for the entire family; children’s popular TV characters and programming, indoor and outdoor family winter activities, and live entertainment.
What do We Need Help With?
We have several different volunteer shifts available! Below is a brief description of each shift.
- Check for tickets
- Ensure safety of guests
- Act as a Festival Ambassador and answer any questions guests may have
The Sauce’r Slide Tube Run & Slide Monitor:
This is one of our largest slides at the Outdoor Snow Kingdom, and we will be looking for volunteers to assist with:
- Monitor children on the run
- Abide by safety rules of the run
- Monitor line and flow of traffic on slides
- Return tubes to the kids waiting to go up the hill
Meet & Greet / Mascot Handler
- Character Costumes are not the easiest to maneuver in. You will be responsible for assisting them to get from Point A to Point B without incident.
- Meet & Greet lines can get a little disorganized. You will be responsible for ensuring the line flows smoothly.
Lost Child Tent Monitor
- Sometimes parents get lost and their children need help to find them. You are there to help save the day and keep the child safe until their parent is found.
Volunteer Check-In & Floater
- To ensure all areas are staffed for each shift, we need someone keep track of which areas are ready for the next leg of the day
- Sometimes volunteers need a little break. You’ll be there to step in to ensure everything continues to run smoothly
What’s Included in the Volunteer Package?
Your volunteer package includes:
- 2019 Jack Frost commemorative winter toque
- Complimentary meal voucher for Tim Horton’s (soup/sandwich combo + your choice of drink) – one (1) per shift
- Complimentary weekend pass to Jack Frost Winterfest – one (1) per shift